Deane C. Davis Outstanding Business Award
This prestigious award recognizes a company that has excelled in terms of growth in sales and employees. The awarded company must also have a strong commitment to community service and recognition of the environment as a natural resource.
The criteria for this Award include:
- Growth in sales or employment.
- Commitment of company resources for participation in community projects.
- Encouragement of employees to be involved in community events.
- Recognition of the importance of the environment to the state as a natural and economic resource.
- Addressing employee concerns/needs to create a positive work environment for all employees.
- Major accomplishment(s) in the past year in any or all of the criteria.
- Nominated businesses must have been based in Vermont for at least 10 years.
This award was presented by Governor Peter Shumlin at the Opening Ceremonies of EXPO 2012 to Foley Family of Companies.
Find out the 2012 winner on May 22, 2013, at the Opening Ceremonies of the Vermont Business and Industry EXPO.
Named for former Governor Deane C. Davis, the Award annually honors a Vermont business that shows an outstanding history of sustained growth while displaying an acute awareness of what makes Vermont unique. The Award is sponsored by Vermont Business Magazine and the Vermont Chamber of Commerce.